If you haven’t seen me posting much here at Maemo Talk, it’s because I’ve been helping Andrew Flegg with his new project: Maemo Weekly News.
Maemo Weekly News is a weekly online publication that highlights Maemo specific news throughout the week. What’s good about it is that all the news are community contributed by sending a tweet to @mwkn. Editors (which I am a part of) and sub-editors will then flesh out all the tweets and the best ones will make to the weekly publication. More information here (link).
I will be posting the contents of each issue here at MT. Here’s the full list of the contents of the first issue:
Maemo Weekly News – February 1, 2010
- The One Ring – Google Voice properly integrated into Maemo 5
- Ovi store still selling DRM content the N900 can’t play
- Mac OS X iSync plugin for N900
- Finger friendly last.fm Vagalume in beta test
- pyPianobar Pandora client
- Community-built levels for Rovio’s Angry Birds
- Mac OS X running on an N900
- Paris3D preview
- Augmented reality with camera & OpenGL
- Proposal for micro-donations for authors via maemo.org
- maemo.org Extras definition of ‘free’ brought into focus
- Network connected apps should better support proxy
- Further design work on “badge” for CLI icons in Extras
- PyQt 4.7 released on all Maemo devices, for Qt 4.5/4.6
- MADDE: new cross-platform Maemo development environment in technology preview
- MADDE frequently-asked-questions
- Maemo Developer Day, November 2009 writeup
- Change chinook repos to ‘archive’ mode?
- Qt/3D Demos Running on N900
- UK development community used in Nokia marketing video
- Brainstorm – how do we make it useful, and manage it?
- Ask the Community Council
- FOSDEM 2010 just around the corner
- London Maemo meet-up
- Dist- and deb-master timesheets online
- Sheep: a community built game
- No clarification on Maemo 6 for N900
- N900 call volume fading out – hardware or software fault?
- PUSHN900 pre-London meet roundup
- SyncEvolution 0.9.2 announcement
- Download Assistant preview
- Catorise sorts your #N900 apps: now in Extras
- More iPhone games developers porting their wares to the N900
- WorldTV99 for N900 under development
- Qt-based language translation in -devel